Before you Hire a Web Developer !
Web Design Brief is a document prepared by a clients or company planning to acquire a website for their brand in order to guide a web designer or developer to understand and implement their website vision.
This will help your web developer give you the best and a high-quality design with a standard that suits your taste. Here are few tips that will help you write a detailed design brief for your web designer.
- Your Business
One of the ways to help your web developer give you what you want is for him to understand what you do. Give detailed information about your company profile and brand by answering some of the following questions in a precise and concise way;
- What does your company/organization do?
- What is your company’s history?
- What are your products or services?
- What is the size of your business?
- What is your vision?
- How do you want to be perceived in the marketplace?
- Who are your ideal customers?
- Who are your top competitors?
- Your goal of getting Website
In this segment, you should describe the reason why you need a website and what you are planning to use the website to achieve. Read more here on what type of website you can get for your business and answer the following;
- What is the overall goal of the web project?
- What are you trying to communicate and why?
- Are you trying to sell more products or create awareness of your service?
- Are you updating your branding or you are just starting a new brand?
- How do you differ from your competitors?
- The target market
Provide the details about who your website users are so as to tailor your design, functionality, and features towards that.
- Who will be using the website i.e public, trade, staff, age group, language, country/region, male or female?
- Why are they visiting your website i.e for research, information, entertainment, news, look up pricing, download, make a purchase, get contact or network?
- Your Design
You need to describe the specifications and the outlook or styles you want for your website. Give details about; the fonts, styles, colours, icons, images and other specifics you want for your website. You can read more here about website features
NEED A NEW WEBSITE?
SIMPLY FILL THE FORM BELOW AND GET AN INSTANT RESPONSE
- Your Budget and Schedule
Providing your budget and timeframes on the project will help your designer manage your expectations of what is realizable. How much do you have to spend? When are you looking to get started? Do you have an urgent deadline you must meet?
Giving this template to your web designer will help him have a detailed overlook about your web dream and will communicate vital components of the project. And this will help the designer give you a suitable quote on your dream website project. Do you wish to talk through your web design requirement with an experienced web developer? Contact us for a free consultation about your project.See testimony here